Now that Jaspersoft is part of the TIBCO Analytics family of products, a few things change, but most things stay the same. I’m excited that Jaspersoft is now part of a bigger company with complementary Analytics tools, which will allow it to solve more customer problems in more areas of the globe. I’m also thankful that we’ll continue all that has made Jaspersoft great: focus on innovation, commitment to solving embeddable analytics projects, being a great provider of open source software and member of the Open Source community, and always putting the interests of customers and community first.
What’s Changed, Now That Jaspersoft is Part of TIBCO?
Jaspersoft products are now part of a bigger, more comprehensive set of Analytics offerings which will allow it to ultimately solve a broader set of a customer’s analytics needs. Within TIBCO Analytics, the Jaspersoft product line now sits next to TIBCO Spotfire, the market-leading data discovery, analysis and visualization tool that has been part of TIBCO since 2007. These two tools (Jaspersoft and Spotfire) are extremely complementary, so you can expect, over time, one tool to help the other be even stronger in its primary category (Jaspersoft in embedded reporting and analytics and Spotfire in data discovery and visualization).
Jaspersoft personnel are now part of a bigger, more global infrastructure and workforce that will allow it to scale more easily and serve customers more fully. Because of Jaspersoft’s commercial open source roots, its customers are all over the globe. Now, as part of a much larger enterprise focused exclusively on mission-critical business software, the Jaspersoft team will be able to more efficiently work with customers wherever they are and satisfy a broader range of projects and needs than we would have as an independent company. I am hopeful that, like me, our customers see this as a powerful next step for Jaspersoft.
What Stays the Same, Now That Jaspersoft is Part of TIBCO?
All the things about Jaspersoft that matter most to customers should remain the same:
- Our relentless focus on innovation, which propels us to create the most affordable reporting and analytics solutions to solve the next decade’s analytics problems;
- Our leadership in embedded reporting and analytics, which allows Jaspersoft tools and the insight they provide to become a contextually-relevant part of thousands of other pieces of software, helping millions of users each day to become more capably analytic;
- Our being a great Open Source software provider, community member, and participant;
- Our never-ending drive to build an efficient and successful operating model, which ensures our customers receive the greatest value in licensing and using our software;
- Our laser focus on customer success, our highest priority goal, along with our recognizing that we succeed only when our customers’ succeed; and
- Our constant quest to reach everyone with analytics; that is, our understanding that analytics must become a thing that you do, not a place that you go.
As we journey forward into 2015, I hope that you, our customers and partners, will let me know how we are doing against this list of things that will and won’t change. My responsibility is to ensure that a broader, deeper and, ultimately, even more successful relationship emerges between our customers and TIBCO Analytics, of which Jaspersoft is a critical part. As always, my email inbox is open and I’d like to hear from you.
Thank you for your business and partnership. Best wishes in 2015.
Former Chairman & CEO, Jaspersoft
Now Sr. Vice President & General Manager, TIBCO Analytics